‘Worst’ Liverpool, “Stop the game!”-“Can’t do it!” referee ruins it all in the end… “Worst refereeing in history,” local media blasts

“Stop the game!”-“Can’t do it!”.

Sky Sports reported on Thursday that “Liverpool made a formal request to the Premier League’s Professional Match Officials’ Organization (PGMOL) for the audio recorded during the video review. PGMOL handed it over to Liverpool. Liverpool listened to all the conversations,” the report said.

The transcript of the referees’ conversation during the VAR review was then released. The officials who performed the VAR review realized on the spot that they had made a mistake, but did not stop the game.

In particular, the transcripts show a lack of communication between the officials. The accuracy of the replay is also questionable.

According to the audio file released, the VAR room recognized the error about 10 seconds after play resumed, but did not stop play. They can be heard acknowledging the call and swearing.

PGMOL said, “We did not meet our expectations. We will work on preventing recurrence in order to reduce the number of cases in the future.” 레고토토

The Premier League’s secretariat also weighed in. “It is clear that there are systemic issues as well as human error in the video review process. We hope that these mistakes will not be repeated in the future.”

Liverpool lost 1-2 away to Tottenham in the seventh round of the 2023-2024 Premier League at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, England, on Jan. 1.

The game was marred by two sending-offs. Liverpool pressed hard up front and harassed Spurs early on, but their plans were disrupted when Curtis Jones was sent off in the 26th minute. Jones slipped as he tried to win the ball and tackled Yves Bissouma hard into the shin area. The referee pulled out a red card after a video assistant referee (VAR) review.

It wasn’t the end of the story. Liverpool brought on Diogo Jota after Cody Gakpo complained of pain at the start of the second half, but Jota was sent off for a second yellow card in the 24th minute with the score tied at 1-1. Forced to play with nine men for over 20 minutes, Liverpool were brought to their knees by Joel Matip’s unfortunate own goal just before the end of the match, making it 1-2.

To add insult to injury, the Reds had a goal disallowed. In the 34th minute, Dias found the back of the net after slipping behind the Tottenham defense. It looked as if Liverpool would take the lead in red territory, but VAR showed that he was offside.

However, this turned out to be a mistake due to a miscommunication between the video assistant referee and the referee. The VAR room thought the referee had awarded the goal and told them it was confirmed, when in fact it was offside.

“I’ve never seen a game played in such unfair conditions,” said Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp after the game, “it was a crazy call.”

“Last night PGMOL admitted they were wrong,” Liverpool said on their official website. It is clear that the fairness of the sport has been compromised by a failure to apply the rules of the game correctly.” “We fully understand the pressure that referees are under, but this pressure should be alleviated by the existence and implementation of VAR. It should not be exacerbated.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *